My CBS News Interview with Katie Couric is LIVE!

Picture 2
I am just so excited to share the link with you of my interview with the CBS News with Katie Couric.  I haven’t figured out how to embed the link, so you’ll just have to click it here.

You might remember back in March when the reporters came to my home to interview me.

Finally it’s live!  Woot!  I can’t deny that I was nervous that they wouldn’t edit judiciously and all of America would have to hear my awkard and corny commentary on film!  It’s bad enough that there were more than three seconds of footage of my huge, monster hammer thumbs and that I totally have man-voice!

Sadly, Cooper’s debut was edited out, but he did have a good few moments on film when they were here.  After all, this business was built around him!

Thanks CBS–especially Melissa  and Mr. Schlesinger for putting this together for me!  I had a really great time and I’m so happy to finally see it on film!

I’d love to hear from you in the comments below–and please help to spread the word by sharing the link!

20 Responses

1. Jen says:

So very, very excited for you! Congratulations. :)

2. Monica says:

so exciting! i clicked the link and you must tell them they spelled stationery wrong in the caption under the video. check it out! ah!

3. No way, Monica! You’re right though! Oh no–the biggest pet peeve of all stationEry designers out there!

4. Janet says:

Congratulations Mew! The interview was great, and you don’t need to worry about hammer-thumbs or man-voice at all! You looked and sounded great!

5. elizabeth says:

yippee! loved it..will post it on my blog tomorrow.

6. Ilane says:

Woohoo! I was so excited for you!!!
    The interview was great! I thought the editing was pretty humorous with shots cutting between you talking about your previous job and people in cubicles with fingers clacking on keyboards. Haha.
    You handled yourself so well and there was cute husband on TV too!

7. YAY!!!! So super duper exciting! Andrew and I gave big cheers for you (and how nice to see you and Dino in business action). YAY!!

8. That rocks! You looked great, and so did all of your product!

9. wow! congratulations! it’s a very inspiring interview. :)

10. Kristin says:

Congrats, that’s so exciting! What an inspiration :)

11. Katherine says:

Congrats on the success of your business and this great interview! Hammer thumbs? Didn’t notice.
    Well done!

12. Wendy says:

Awesome! You looked and sounded terrific. And were those our beautiful wedding invitations on the table?
    Congrats on Dino’s new job, too!

13. Wendy–I’m so glad you noticed. Those WERE your invites! And BTW, I just saw the photo spread on the photog’s website…I meant to drop you a line. How perfect it all turned out! A beautiful, clear day–I loved it! I looked at every picture!

14. Abigail says:

Bravo!!! What a terrific piece – it’s really a thrill seeing someone being successful doing work they really love. :-)

15. Congratulations to you! I posted a bit for you at Vintage Indie. Have a great day!

16. Brafster says:

The interview was great, too bad Katie missed out! I am so proud of you and your workshop looked fabulous.
    Look how many comments you got, I guess some people do read your blog after all.
    Keep up the great work.

17. MEG says:

Congratulations Alissa! Well deserved! Your work is beautiful and I can’t wait to see my business cards in hand!!! So exciting!

18. Michele says:

Yeah!!! I loved every second. You are not bored now! And I love you so much. You are a rockin’ bus women.

19. Suzanne says:

What a great interview! I just linked here from QYDJ on Etsy. Congratulations on a great interview and a your successful business.

20. Lisa says:

Excellent work! This would be my dream, as well.